We’re moving! Well, we hope to be very soon!
For the last several months, Mr. and I have been talking about buying a vacation home on Galveston Island and renting it out during peak vacation season. But then about two weeks ago, we decided to just jump all in and move to the water full-time! And I am ecstatic! Living in the suburbs of Houston is driving me crazy! 6.6 million people is a huge change from the one stoplight small town of 6.3 thousand people where we lived for 17 years before we started our moves in 2010.
But that means I have to finish all the projects I have going on with the current house. We want to get it on the market as soon as possible, and are thinking the first of December is doable. So I have approximately three weeks to get this place finished, decluttered, and staged! Therefore, a change of plans will need to take place when it comes to all the projects.
I’ve broken everything down into what I hope to get done each week. Yeah, I have to have lists/deadlines or I get distracted and never get anything finished!
Week One: Kitchen/Laundry Room/Dining Room
- Thankfully, we finished installing the kitchen & laundry room floors in September. I’m bummed that I won’t get to enjoy them for as long as I thought I would, but they have made such an impact to that area! I hope the next homeowners will love them as much as I do.
- Install and paint baseboards in the kitchen & laundry room
- Paint the interior of the backdoor
- Install trim or cabinet doors where the microwave is
- Install or paint the chandelier in the dining room
Week Two: Front Bath/Master Bed, Bath & Closet
- Paint baseboards in the front bath
- Paint the walls in the master bed/bath/closet
Week Three: Upstairs
- Touch up paint on one wall in spare bedroom
- Paint ceiling in the gypsy room
- Replace faucets in bathroom
And DECLUTTER, DECLUTTER, DECLUTTER, AND STAGE, STAGE, STAGE!!!
I’ll be posting updates as the weeks go by, so be sure and check back!
Y’alll have a great day!